Update: Access the new I-9 form here.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will release a new Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, on Monday, July 17. The new Form I-9 will be available on the HR Support Center shortly after it is released.
Employers will be able to use this revised version immediately, but may continue using the Form I-9 with a revision date of 11/14/16 through September 17, 2017. Beginning September 18, employers must use the revised form with a revision date of 07/17/17 for all new employees.
The revisions to the Form I-9 are minor and employers will not need to change their processes.
Revisions to the Form I-9 Instructions:
- The name of the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices has been changed to its new name, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section.
- The words “the end of” have been removed from the phrase “the first day of employment.”
Revisions related to the List of Acceptable Documents on Form I-9:
- The Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) has been added to List C.
- All the certifications of report of birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545, Form DS-1350, and Form FS-240) have been combined into selection C#2 in List C.
- All List C documents except the Social Security card have been renumbered.
We'll be posting the form when it's available. For help now, contact us anytime.